Thursday, January 7, 2010

Search for the Best Burger in LA

For about a year now, I've been trying to drastically limit the amount of red meat I eat. Since I only eat red meat a couple of times a month, I try to make sure that I make it count. LA is known for it's great burgers, so one goal for this year is to very slowly eat my way through some of the top burger spots in the city. Let me know if you want to make a trip sometime to any of the ones listed that I haven't visited!

Already Visited:
The Counter (Santa Monica)
In 'N Out (various) (I still don't get all the hype. Good for fast food, still not the best burger)
8 Oz (Hollywood)
Father's Office (Santa Monica, Culver City)
Westside Tavern
Rush Street (Culver City - I am counting this even though I actually had a great turkey burger with a fried egg on it)

Need to visit:

Comme Ca, West Hollywood


























Umami (La Brea)









Zeke's Smokehouse (West Hollywood)

Rustic Canyon (Santa Monica)

The Oinkster (Eagle Rock)

Dino's Burgers (South LA)

25 Degrees (Hollywood) - Note to self: Get the onion rings & Guinness shake

The Hungry Cat (Hollywood)

Apple Pan (West LA)

Are there any that I'm missing that I should try? If I do one a month, I can get through these by the end of the year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a damn admirable goal.

Courtney said...

save one for december or january, because i am definitely coming with you. by the way what is your favorite so far?