"What's My Age Again?" on BBC's show "All the Small Things:"
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Discussion at FiveThirtyEight about the future of the Republican party: "Are Republicans turning into libertarians?""Of the roughly four different pathways the Republicans could take in the post-Obama universe -- toward Ron Paulesque libertarianism, toward Sarah Palinesque cultural populism, toward Mike Huckabeesque big-government conservatism, or toward Olympia Snowesque moderation/ good-governmentism -- the libertarian side would seem to have had the best go of things in the First 100 Days."
I've only recently started following Olympia Snowe, but I'm turning into a fan. I have a hard time taking Ron Paul or Sarah Palin seriously, and I've never liked anything about Huckabee. What do you think the near future holds for the Republican Party?
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Now that my senior thesis has been turned in and my ARD interview is over, I am finally able to more fully enjoy the small things in life that make me happy. So far this weekend I have:
- Dinner at Yamato with Jimmy, Sarah, Hannah and Eric Kidder
- Followed dinner with enjoying just channel surfing and sipping on a beer with Jimmy and Sarah at Kevin's apartment without feeling guilty that I had important deadlines to meet
- Re-watched some How I Met Your Mother
- Caught-up on Econ & Poli Sci assignments
- Read a ton of news that has been stockpiling on my google reader
- Updated my concert/theatre calendar
The Devils (Theatre)
Manchester Orchestra, Fun (ex-Format), Audrye Sessions
Forgive Durden & You, Me, & Everyone We Know
Explosions in the Sky
The Importance of Being Earnest (Play starring Neil Patrick Harris!)
Speaking of news, some highlights:
Defense Secretary Gates Attempts to Retool the Defense Budget
4 Pirate Bay Operators were found guilty and are going to jail