Thursday, October 8, 2009

Let's Try This Again

I haven't blogged in over a month since I've been losing motivation to turn on my computer when I get home from work after staring at a computer screen all day. However, I'm going to try to start this back up again.

Work has been going well. When I get stuck with a relatively boring project, I try to rush to get it done so I can move onto something more interesting. However, in this job, when you turn something in, chances are you aren't done with it. For example, I had to go back to the drawing board several times for one project. I've been spending a ton of time reading medical journals about medical marijuana, and am excited to move onto working on the death penalty site soon.

I've been trying to read more (I highly recommend Chuck Klosterman's work as well as the classic Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance) but its hard balancing reading all the blogs I follow plus the weekly print version of The Economist, plus books. Having a job really cuts into doing a lot of the important things in life! I've also been going to the gym just about everyday, cooking a lot, listening to a lot of NPR, and trying to stay in touch with people in the area by doing dinner and/or drinks.

Speaking of blogs, I saw this on a design blog & felt like sharing: One of the best designed sites I've seen in awhile.

No comments: