1. Projectile vomitting coming straight at me by a stranger is not my idea of a fun Sunday night. Oh the glamerous life of an RA. I'm glad Aubrey was there with me. She's a trooper. Now if only the front desk hadn't called me at all...
2. Instead of going to the gym in late afternoons, I need to get back to doing it first thing when I wake up. I should start off my day with some endorphins instead of fuzzy thoughts and emotions.
3. As much as I'm loving all the Pitchfork/Stereogum/Indie music I've been getting heavily into lately, sometimes an old standby album with a hint of angst is the warm blanket I need to ground myself. Say Anything...Is A Real Boy is one of the few albums that I know I will always want to have within reach.
"I discard all my feelings. The stars still scar my ceiling.
Sun, I won't spare you. Moon, I won't spare you.
I shall grow and grow. I'll grow"
4. Unfortunately, often times when I learn something it means unlearning a whole lot of other things. I guess it is time for another long walk to reconcile this.
5. Good friends are hard to come by. I am lucky for the ones I have. Thank you to those of you out there.
This goes out to my homie John:
Update: 6. Sometimes there is nothing better than your alarming failing to wake you up and you accidently getting 11 hours of sleep.