Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Round-Up: Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2010

Listen and Read: Vanity Fair presents "The Virile Man's Guide to Liking Joanna Newsom." Stream the album at NPR.

Eat: Awesome. I've been waiting for something like this for awhile. Google Map of the location of food trucks in real time.

Photos: Hi-res photos of Olympics

Learn: The Economics of Drinking Infographic 

Read: Journalistic malpractice on global warming.


Judge: Controversial French anti-Smoking ads

Listen: Brian Fallon (of Gaslight Anthem) on NPR.
Watch: Last night, I went to Comedy Death Ray @ the Upright Citizens Brigade. It wasn't the most solid show I've seen there, but it had its moments. It was cool seeing special guest Nick Swardson (I recommend his comedy album Party), but I guess he hasn't done stand-up in almost a year and it was a slightly disappointing set. Oh well, I'm sure he will be better when he gets back into the swing of things (I've learned quite a bit about the challenges to stand-up comedy from my roommate). Pete Holmes was pretty funny, Mary Lynn Rajskub (Chloe from 24) bombed pretty bad, and everyone else was pretty forgettable. However, Garfunkel and Oates (who you may recognize from Scrubs or several other shows). Here are some Garfunkel & Oates videos:











From Scrubs:

No comments: