Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Round-Up: Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2010

Debate: Would you accept the European health care social contract? "It's part of the social contract: doctors accept limited salaries in exchange for limited liability; patients accept that they cannot sue doctors for millions of dollars in exchange for a guarantee of access to decent health care." The author argues, "People can be persuaded to give up their right to sue doctors for huge damages if they understand that those damages come out of everyone's pockets, because the system works for everyone and requires some sacrifices from everyone"


News: Christmas bomber is cooperating. This = an argument for justice, against torture. 


Understand: Track by track breakdown of the great new album "Odd Blood" by Yeasayer. Listen to the album here.


Laugh: Braces & dating, Jobs (for Republicans)Party of No, NBCSI Swimsuit Bracket (I at least think it's funny b/c of the time put into making this), Bachelor v. Shutter Island mashup video. 


Listen: Frightened Rabbit - "Swim"





Watch: I got pretty interested in remix culture when I was researching for the class I taught. This is well done.





Watch: Google doesn't mess around when it comes to social networking. Seriously, I feel like I'm one of the few people that use Wave, and I'm still not quite sure what to make of it.


No comments: