Wednesday, September 3, 2008

...And The Battle Begun

I've resisted the urge to start a blog for a long time now because it didn't seem to make sense to me to be just another person writing personal, political, or philosophical thoughts on the web that no one will read. However, I decided that this would be a good way to keep track of all the interesting things I come across on the net or a place to document some of my more interesting experiences for posterity's sake.

Hopefully a few of my friends will also find some of things I find interesting.

As a huge music fan, I couldn't resist the urge to name the blog and url address after lines from a couple of my favorite bands.

The name of the blog, "Goodbye to Sleep" comes from the Brand New song "Degausser"



The URL "It's a pattern not a phase" comes from the Kevin Devine song "Ballgame."
"Cause when you realize it's a pattern and not a phase, it's what you've become and it's what you will stay, that's the ballgame."

Live version of 'Ballgame" by Kevin Devine with Jesse Lacey from Brand New.



One concert highlight of the summer was seeing Kevin Devine and Jesse play an acoustic show together at the Roxy on July 21. I love how I can easily relive some shows thanks to some quick searches on youtube. Here's Kevin Devine's "Cotton Crush" joined onstage by Jesse at the Roxy show I attended wtih my good friend AaronJ.




No comments: