Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Round-Up: Tuesday, Mar. 9, 2010

Watch: Rip! A Remix Manifesto. I used part of this great documentary in the music industry class I taught. Now the whole thing is finally online for streaming. Check it out and learn about the history of copyright, remix culture such as artists like Girl Talk, and efforts by the music industry to resist change.

List: 10 Foods With Potentially Misleading Names

Chart: What Does a Big-Mac Cost More than a Salad?

Watch: Joanna Newsom Perform on Fallon (Also take a look at the lyrics on the right)

Listen: Jenny Lewis Covers the Traveling Wilbury's with some help from her friends. Jenny Lewis singing George Harrison's part, Ben Gibbard singing Roy Orbinson's part , M.Ward doing Tom Petty's, and Conor Oberst taking on Bob Dylan's.



Watch: I can't believe Insane Clown Posse is still around. I thought they were long gone, but then a friend mentioned "juggalos" to me and now ABC Nightline just did a story on them. Reminds me of my research on the link between violence and video games. Maybe I should quote Violent J in my research.

No comments: