Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pop-Punk Week: Set Your Goals

The second pop-punk band I'd like to feature is San Francisco's Set Your Goals. This band mixes equal parts pop-punk and hardcore, which is why this is the #1 band I listen to at the gym. Their sub-genre of pop-punk is sometimes labeled "happy hardcore" for its refreshing use of positive perspectives in its lyrics.

Set Your Goals showed lots of promise with their first Reset EP, blew me away with 2006's Mutiny!, and did not disappoint with this year's This Will Be the Death of Us. If you need something to get you pumped, throw on some Set Your Goals and you won't be disappointed. Two of my favorite songs that don't have videos: "The Fallen" and "The Few That Remain" (Hayley of Paramore rocks the guest vocals).

I have a shirt with the lyrics to this song. One of my favorite designs I own:







Set Your Goals - "Summer Jam"

SET YOUR GOALS | MySpace Video


Old school:


"I often wonder if I'll ever finish all I've started, and the answer i have found is NO.
No, I will never finish all that I have started because life is about doing, the process and not the result. Life is about doing whether you want to or not.
My life: a constant work in progress and I wouldn't have it any other way."

No comments: